Question:
what are the miracles of the quran?
2010-08-12 12:37:18 UTC
asa can someone help me out NOT the ones in the hadith the ones in the quran
Nine answers:
Nody
2010-08-12 12:47:23 UTC
There are a lot. You can google it. Here are some sites:

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/index2.php

http://www.islamicmedicine.org/medmiraclesofquran/medmiracleseng.htm

Hope I have helped you :)

Happy Ramadan :)
Live Free
2010-08-12 19:39:35 UTC
I made a question on it a second ago.

First off the entire Quran is a miracle. Secondly,

a. Allah mentions uniqueness of fingerprints- scientific fact discovered recently

-Does the human being think that We cannot assemble his bones?

Surely, We are able to reconstruct even his fingertips. (75:3-4)

b. Allah mentions the Big Bang and expansion of the Universe-scientific fact discovered recently

-Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder?...(21:30)

-And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Qur'an, 51:47)

c. Allah mentions the atmosphere- scientific fact discovered recently

-And We made the sky a well protected roof. Still they turn away from its signs. (21:32)

d. Allah mentions how sperm controls sex of child- scientific fact discovered recently

-He has created both sexes, male and female from a drop of semen which has been ejected. (Qur'an, 53:45-46)

e. Allah mentions water cycle

-Many Surahs

f. Allah mentions all living things being made from water- scientific fact discovered recently

-We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (21:30)

g. Allah mentions the lost city of Iram, which has been discovered recently and had no records ANYWHERE before revelation of Quran or after...until the 1980's

h. Allah mentions the preservation of the Pharaoh's body which has been discovered within the last century

i. "Months" is mentioned 12 times

j. "Days" is mentioned 30 times

k. One of the other thousands of miracles discovered in the Quran

@Eye of Omen:

If you knew biology, the sperm drop (man) is what determines the sex of the baby (male or female)- the ovum doesn't since the female only donates the mandatory X whereas the male donates a possible X (to make a female) or a Y (to make a male)- hence, you did not describe a discrepancy, you actually described a miracle yourself- lol.
Life Guru
2010-08-12 19:58:44 UTC
The difference between the previous Revelations and this latest addition is that when God brought His long series of Revelations to an end, He did so by preserving His Last message until the day of Judgment from "within". The significant of this independence from outside elements to preserve itself is the key, a key embedded in the body of the Quran itself. The very key missing from the present tampered versions of Revealed text (please no disrespect intended) and all other secondary sources. (Hadith literature) All of them are driven by the necessity of dependence on elements outside its body thus losings its independence. Not surprisingly the promoters of these Muslim secondary sources had to invent additional notions like Isnad chains and the very deceptive "consensus of the scholars" to make it stick. It is this very difference between the Quran and these secondary sources that gives Quran its certainty.

Once the Quranic standard of authenticity has been established should we even entertain anything other than the Quran that falls short of this standard ?

If you would like to verify it for yourself, please take the test. From the dozen or so times that I have posted the same here in Y/A, so far the response of the skeptics is mostly silence :) The challenge/test is derived from the Quran and I have tried to water it down considerably for ease of verification, the actual structure is geometrically more complex. It may not force everyone to shout Eureka but it will definitely get you thinking. Just spare a couple of hours to appreciate it; Please go here, a safe Google managed link :)

http://lifecheat.blogspot.com/2010/04/so-why-wont-you-do-it.html
2010-08-12 19:38:59 UTC
The scientific miracles but the most important ones is the structure of the Qur'an. Its writing is so beautiful that in 1,400 years no one has been able to bring its equal.
2010-08-12 20:36:28 UTC
1.Sperm comes from between the spine/backbone and ribs

The Quran author(s) was ignorant of the actual scientific knowledge except rehashing the prevalent scientific error of his contemporary. Today we know sperm comes from the testicles, not from between the spine and ribs.

He is created from a drop emitted .Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs Qur'an 86:6-7

2.Only Allah knows what gender the baby is

Current technology, such as sonography, has enabled observation of baby's gender through ultrasonic imaging. There are also sex selection clinics that allow gender determination nowadays.

Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things). Qur'an 31:34

3. Ovum contributed by female is not mentioned

The Qur'an author(s) did not mention the role of the ovum due to his sole observation of the sperm during intercourse. This verse fails to mention the important role of the female egg in the reproduction of humankind.

He is created from a drop emitted Qur'an 25:45

4.The blood-clot stage in human reproduction

There was never a stage of blood clot during the formation of humans inside the womb.

Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood: Qur'an 96:2

5.Womb (stomach) has 3 layers

There are many more layers such as endometrium, myometrium, perimetrium, peritoneum, besides the cervix uteri, corpus uteri, abdomen (with walls), placenta (with layers).

He created you (all) from a single person: then created, of like nature, his mate; and he sent down for you eight head of cattle in pairs: He makes you, in the wombs of your mothers, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. such is Allah, your Lord and Cherisher: to Him belongs (all) dominion. There is no god but He: then how are ye turned away (from your true Centre)?Qur'an 39:6

6.Bones are formed before flesh

The Qur'an elaborates that the bones are formed and wrapped up with flesh. The first muscles are formed before the bones, and the rest are formed simultaneously though.

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones then (not and) clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create! Qur'an 23:14

7.Milk comes from between excrement and blood

The mammary glands where the milk is produced and stored are outside the body, while the excrement is in the intestines which is way inside the body. the two are nowhere near each other. Also, certain cattle milk needs processing, pasteurization, micro-filter, creaming and homogenization.

And verily in cattle (too) will ye find an instructive sign. From what is within their bodies between excretions and blood, We produce, for your drink, milk, pure and agreeable to those who drink it Qur'an 16:66

8.Do humans think with their heart or with their brain?

The author of the Qur'an assumed that humans think with their heart, while in reality we utilize the brain for that purpose.

Behold! they fold up their hearts, that they may lie hid from Him! Ah even when they cover themselves with their garments, He knoweth what they conceal, and what they reveal: for He knoweth well the (inmost secrets) of the hearts. Qur'an 51:49
LuLu<3
2010-08-12 19:43:14 UTC
LOL go to www.miraclesofthequran.com

there are loads! too much to write..
2010-08-12 19:38:27 UTC
Here they are ====> pathetic <====

(53:45-46)

"That He did create the pairs - male and female from a sperm-drop* (nutfah) when lodged (in its place)" haha Muhammad failed to mention the ovum, silly fellow.

You crazies should read this: http://sciencereligionnews.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-do-people-look-for-modern-science.html

bet you muppets can't show something that hasn't been discovered yet.
?
2010-08-12 19:50:55 UTC
http://scienceislam.com/
JOJO
2010-08-12 19:39:35 UTC
Oh man. Please dont get us started.

- I cant thumb up for my self. So please :)