Question:
Is it valid to say that we, as humans, have the basic attributes of our creator?
---
2012-04-02 08:18:09 UTC
And by basic I mean the limited use, function and nature of it. But nonetheless, somewhat similar attributes of our creator.
Nine answers:
ra†ia
2012-04-02 08:23:50 UTC
salaams beloved sister....

i would say that if we are Real Human Beings...

we would exhibit the Light of our LORD...

we would reflect that which is true and righteous.

so in that sense...

i would say yes.

however, i would remind myself of verse 12:53 of the Glorious and Holy Qur'an and to be wary of nafs.

xx.

Sahih International

"And I do not acquit myself. Indeed, the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except those upon which my Lord has mercy. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." -12:53

edit: i really like Ibrahim's answer. it reminded me of the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-MT5zeY6CU&feature=related

and someone i love very much. [xx]\
Islam 4 ever
2012-04-02 08:51:36 UTC
I agree with what NOUB said, also Allah says in the Quran, 'There is nothing like Him'(surah ikhlas).

For example, it says in the Quran, 'they plan and Allah plans, Allah is the best of planners'. Same word used for both God and humans 'plans'. But this is just for us to understand. It does not mean we have an attribute of God, its just so we understand, because we are not granted an understanding beyond this, so we leave it to what Allah left it at.

A humanly attribute is a humanly attribute.

To say 'open the juice carton' is not like saying open your mouth, and this does not mean the juice carton has humnaly attributes or vice versa (lol at my example).

Hope this helps :)
2012-04-02 08:27:12 UTC
Question is, is God bounded by laws of logic?

-

your question, we can compare any to things on different grounds but it should be well defined. How do you define basic human attributes and function and how much is this limited?

Creativity? There are similarities and differences between Cosmic and manual creativity., both of which are not well defined. Hence we cannot compare
Ahmed
2012-04-02 08:32:48 UTC
A person can be merciful but it is incorect to compare the mercy that we are capable of having to that of Allah That is why one can take the name Raheem but cannot be named Ar Raheem. There should be no comparison between the creation and the creator because allah says in the quran that there is nothing like unto him
Peace for Mankind
2012-04-04 11:45:09 UTC
Hi Many, Assalamualaikum.

I am sure by "creator" you meant ‘Allah’. Allah is the highest 'focus-word' in the Quranic system, which is surpassed by no other word in rank and importance. The Quranic usage of the word provoked stormy discussions over the nature of this CREATOR - God/Allah between the Muslims and the Kafirs, as is most eloquently attested by the Quran itself.

If it be a question of complete and comprehensive knowledge of Allah, then, of course, we must accept that man's ability to know does not extent that far. God's characteristics cannot be placed within given limits, and whatever comparison or simile we offer for them is bound to be false, for whatever is observable to science and thought in the natural realm is the work of Allah and the product of His will and command, whereas His essence is not part of nature and does not belong to the category of created beings.

Hence, the essence of the divine being cannot be grasped by man by way of comparison and analogy.

He is, in short, a being for the knowledge of Whose essence no measure or criterion exists and for the fixing of Whose Power, Authority and Knowledge, we have no figures or statistics.

Is man, then, too abject and powerless to perceive anything of the essence and attributes of so elevated a reality? To concede the weakness of our powers and our inability to attain complete, profound and comprehensive knowledge of Allah does not imply that we are deprived of any form of knowledge, however relative.

The orderly pattern of the universe loudly proclaims His attributes to us, and we can deduce the power and unlimited creativity of the Creator from the beauty and value of nature. Phenomena are for us an indication of His unique essence.

Contemplation of the will, consciousness, knowledge and harmony inherent in the order of being and all the various phenomena of life, makes it possible for us to perceive that all these qualities together with all the other elements that speak of aim, direction and purpose unnecessarily derive from the will of a Creator Who Himself possesses these attributes before they are reflected in the mirror of His chosen / loved creation.

EDIT

The Quran describes the Creator in unique ways:

112:1 Say: He is God, the One and Only;

112:2 God, the Eternal, Absolute;

112:3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

112:4 And there is none like unto Him.

2:255 God - there is no deity save Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsistent Fount of All Being. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth. Who is there that could intercede with Him, unless it be by His leave? He knows all that lies open before men and all that is hidden from them, whereas they cannot attain to aught of His knowledge save that which He wills [them to attain]. His eternal power overspreads the heavens and the earth, and their upholding wearies Him not. And he alone is truly exalted, tremendous.

Love and Peace for Mankind
2012-04-02 08:30:01 UTC
absolutely 100% no

The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates from yourselves, and for the cattle (also) mates. By this means He creates you (in the wombs). There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. (Ash-Shura 42:11)

http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/description.html
2012-04-02 08:59:52 UTC
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah created Adam in His Image…” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6227; Muslim, 2841.

This hadeeth proves that Allaah has an Image, and that Allaah created Adam in His Image.

But there is nothing in this hadeeth to indicate that the image of Adam (peace be upon him) resembles the Image of Allaah, rather this meaning is absolutely false and was not meant by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

The fact that one thing is likened to another does not mean that it is identical to it in all aspects, rather they are likened to one another because they share some attributes, but that does not means that every attribute is identical.

This is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The first group to be admitted to Paradise will be in the image of the moon on the night when it is full.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3327; Muslim, 2834.

This hadeeth does not mean that they will enter Paradise in a form that is exactly like the moon in all regards, otherwise that would mean that they will enter Paradise with no eyes or mouths, or as rocks.

Rather what the hadeeth means is that they will be like the moon in beauty and brightness, with shining faces, and so on.

So if you say: what is the Image that belongs to Allaah and in which Adam was created? We say that Allaah has a Face and Eyes and Hands and Feet, but that does not mean that because of these things He resembles man. There may be some similarity but that does not mean that these things are identical, just as the first group of the people of Paradise to enter Paradise are likened to the moon, but that does not mean that they resemble the moon. This confirms the belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, that none of the attributes of Allaah can be likened to the attributes of created beings, and they do not misinterpret the Divine attributes or deny them, and they do not liken them to the attributes of human beings.
2016-12-05 15:19:34 UTC
i've got faith in God, the daddy Almighty, author of heaven and earth. i've got faith in Jesus Christ, his in basic terms Son, our Lord, who replaced into conceived by skill of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered below Pontius Pilate, replaced into crucified, died, and replaced into buried; he descended o the lifeless. on the third day he rose lower back; he ascendd into heaven, is seated on the suited hand of the daddy,and could come back to decide the residing and the lifeless. i've got faith interior the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholoic (well-known) church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the physique and the existence eerlasting. Our author God is on top of problems with all issues. Jesus the Son of God died for every physique. no longer every physique choose to settle for him as Lord and Savior of their lives. yet people who do, are reported as little ones of God. i'm lively in prepared church.
2012-04-02 08:40:19 UTC
it is valid to say but it's invalid to say we have same attributes like ALLAH.

say for example, say a person love you the most, more than any one else. but yet ALLAH love you more than any one else. ALLAH is the one most loving. no one can love you more than ALLAH does.